The Envestnet Scholarship
The Envestnet Scholarship offers scholarships to qualified individuals who can demonstrate financial need and are from underrepresented populations within the financial planning profession. Envestnet has partnered with the Center for Financial Planning on this endeavor as part of its Envestnet Institute on Campus program, which is designed to provide the asset and wealth management industry with a talented, diverse pool of workforce-ready interns and entry-level employees.
Learn more about the Envestnet Institute on Campus here.
About the Scholarship
This scholarship will directly advance workforce development by providing financial support to U.S. residents seeking to complete the education and exam related requirements for CFP® certification through a CFP Board Registered Certificate Program. Individuals eligible for the scholarship will have a demonstrated financial need and come from underrepresented populations within the financial planning profession in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Scholarship recipients must be eligible to become a CFP® professional and will be required to pass a background check and provide documentation of their certificate program tuition and other costs associated with their CFP® certification prior to receiving their award.
- Must be a U.S. Resident.
- Must possess an undergraduate degree.
- Must be eligible to become a CFP® professional as outlined in the CFP Board Fitness Standards.
- Must be enrolled in a CFP Board Registered Certificate Program, or a prospective candidate who will enroll in a CFP Board Registered Certificate Program within 6 months of being selected as a scholarship recipient.
- Must be from an underrepresented population within the financial planning profession in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation.
- Must have a demonstrated financial need, as explained in an essay to be submitted during the application process.
- Must exhibit professionalism and dignity and demonstrate the ability to enhance and maintain the profession’s public image. Applicants that are selected to proceed to the final round of the application review process will be subject to a background check.
How to Apply
The application window for Envestnet Scholarships to be awarded in 2020 will open in Fall 2019. Please continue to monitor this page for updates.
The Center for Financial planning gratefully acknowledges the generous Founding Sponsorship support of Envestnet, which has made this scholarship opportunity possible.