Apply for the Milton Stern Scholars Fund Scholarship
The Milton Stern Scholars Fund is a scholarship program that honors Milton Stern’s memory, professionalism, and contributions to the financial planning profession under the CFP Board Center for Financial Planning.
About the Scholarship
The purpose of the Milton Stern Scholars Fund is to offer scholarships for students seeking to complete a CFP Board-Registered Certificate Program that qualifies them to take the CFP® exam. The fund was established pursuant to an agreement between the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., the family of Milton Stern and Bridgewater Advisors, Inc.
- Must be a resident of New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut;
- Must possess an undergraduate degree;
- Must be enrolled in a CFP Board-Registered Certificate Program, or a prospective candidate who will matriculate in a CFP Board-Registered Certificate Program within 6 months;
- Demonstrated commitment to the financial planning profession, as explained in an essay to be submitted during the application process. In the essay, the candidate should explain why she or he wants to become a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional;
- Demonstrated financial need, as explained in an essay to be submitted during the application process. In the essay, the candidate should explain why she or he has a financial need for the scholarship;
- Must exhibit professionalism and dignity and demonstrate the ability to enhance and maintain the profession’s public image. Applicants that are selected to proceed to the final round of the application review process will be subject to a background check;
- Scholarships are awarded regardless of age, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed only after official transcript is received.
Please email official transcripts to email@example.com or call 202-379-2236 for mailing instructions.
Deadline for Submissions
The deadline for the current scholarship cycle has been extended to October 20, 2017.