Apply for the Milton Stern Scholars Fund Scholarship
The Milton Stern Scholars Fund is a scholarship program that honors Milton Stern’s memory, professionalism, and contributions to the financial planning profession under the CFP Board Center for Financial Planning.
About the Scholarship
The purpose of the Milton Stern Scholars Fund is to offer scholarships for students seeking to complete a CFP Board-Registered Certificate Program that qualifies them to take the CFP® exam. The fund was established pursuant to an agreement between the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., the family of Milton Stern and Bridgewater Advisors, Inc.
- Resident of New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut
- Must possess an undergraduate degree
- Enrolled in a CFP Board-Registered Certificate Program, or a prospective candidate who will matriculate in a CFP Board Registered certificate program within 6 months
- Awarded regardless of age, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation
- Demonstrated commitment to the financial planning profession, as explained in an essay to be submitted in the application process. Essay should be structured to elicit why candidate wants to become a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional.
- Demonstrated financial need, as explained in an essay to be submitted in the application process. Essay should be structured to elicit why candidate has a financial need for the scholarship.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed only after official transcript is received.
Please official transcripts to email@example.com or call 202-379-2236 for mailing instructions.
Deadline for Submissions
The deadline for this round of applications has been extended to June 16, 2017.