2019 Academic Research Colloquium
for Financial Planning and Related Disciplines
February 19-21, 2019
2019 CFP BOARD
REGISTERED PROGRAM CONFERENCE
FEBRUARY 21-22, 2019
Register today to receive the early bird discount.
Both events will be held at the
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
2019 ACADEMIC RESEARCH COLLOQUIUM
FOR FINANCIAL PLANNING AND RELATED DISCIPLINES
FEBRUARY 19, 2019, 12:00 PM ET—FEBRUARY 21, 2019, 11:00 AM ET
The CFP Board Center for Financial Planning, in cooperation with Financial Planning Standards Council and Financial Planning Standards Board, is hosting the third annual Academic Research Colloquium for Financial Planning and Related Disciplines. This international meeting of researchers, practitioners, graduate students and leaders of financial planning practice was designed to be a forum to gather and share and provide a showcase for rigorous, relevant research within financial planning, as well as disciplines that directly or indirectly relate to the financial planning body of knowledge or financial planning practice.
The 2019 Colloquium will feature:
- Paper presentations and best paper awards
- Poster sessions
- Invited speakers
- Interviews for open financial planning faculty positions
- Sessions for doctoral students in financial planning and related research areas
- Sessions for CFP® practitioners to engage with researchers
Papers and Posters
Paper presentations and poster sessions will focus on topics that relate or indirectly relate to financial planning practice and/or the financial planning body of knowledge:
Communication and Counseling
|Marriage and Family Therapy
Financial Planner Education/Pedagogy
Other topics related to financial planning
Access the Call for Papers and Posters for additional information.
Best Paper Awards
The Colloquium will feature a series of Best Paper Awards that will be presented at the event with a $2,500 cash prize for the author(s) of the winning paper.
- The TD Ameritrade Institutional Best Paper Award for Behavioral Finance will recognize the best research paper that brings psychological insight into human behavior and decision-making with implications for financial planning practice. Review the award details »
- The Northwestern Mutual Best Paper Award for Insurance/Risk Management will recognize the best paper on the discipline of Insurance/Risk Management, with implications for financial planning practice. Review the award details »
- The Emerging Scholar Best Paper Award will recognize the best research paper by a junior faculty member that directly or indirectly relates to financial planning practice. Authors who are serving as faculty members within their first five years of a position, tenure-track or not, regardless of academic focus, are eligible for this award. Review the award details »
- The Best Paper Award in Investments will recognize the best paper that focuses on the area of Investments, with implications for financial planning practice. Review the award details »
- The Best Paper Award in Household Finance will recognize the best paper that focuses on research questions related to Household Finance. Review the award details »
The Colloquium will again offer the opportunity for faculty to interview for open positions across various colleges and universities. Prospective candidates should complete a registration form and submit their CV in advance of the Colloquium, enabling participating colleges and universities with open positions to contact them directly to schedule an interview during the Colloquium.
Colleges and universities wishing to interview potential faculty candidates at the Colloquium should contact ARC@CFPBoard.org to gain access to candidate CVs as well as reserve a room for interviews during the Colloquium.
2019 REGISTERED PROGRAM CONFERENCE
FEBRUARY 21, 2019, 8:00 AM ET—FEBRUARY 22, 2019, 12:00 PM ET
Immediately following the Colloquium, the annual CFP Board Registered Programs Conference will bring together faculty and program directors from institutions around the country that deliver professional financial planning education and assist individuals in pursuing CFP® certification.
Center for Financial Planning Founding Sponsors
TD Ameritrade Institutional and the CFP Board are separate and unaffiliated and are not responsible for each other’s services or policies. TD Ameritrade Institutional is a division of TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. TD Ameritrade is a trademark owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. and The Toronto-Dominion Bank. © 2018 TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.