2020 Academic Research Colloquium
FOR FINANCIAL planning and related disciplines
February 20, 2020, 12:00 PM ET – February 22, 2020, 12:00 PM ET
Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
The CFP Board Center for Financial Planning, in cooperation with the international Financial Planning Standards Board and Canadian-based Financial Planning Standards Council, will host the fourth annual Academic Research Colloquium for Financial Planning and Related Disciplines. This international meeting of researchers, practitioners, graduate students and leaders of financial planning practice was designed to be a forum to gather, share and provide a showcase for rigorous, relevant research within financial planning, as well as disciplines that directly or indirectly relate to the financial planning body of knowledge or financial planning practice.
The 2020 Colloquium will feature:
- Paper presentations and best paper awards
- Poster sessions
- Invited speakers
- Interviews for open financial planning faculty positions
- Sessions for doctoral students in financial planning and related research areas
- CE-eligible sessions for CFP® practitioners that translate research into practical application
Denit Trust Endowed Chair of Economics and Accountancy
George Washington University School of Business
L.E. Simmons Professor in the Finance & Entrepreneurial Management Units
Harvard Business School
Dr. J. Anthony Cookson
Co-Director of the Center for Research on Consumer Financial Decision Making
Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado — Boulder
Papers and Posters
Paper presentations and poster sessions focused on topics that relate or indirectly relate to financial planning practice and/or the financial planning body of knowledge:
Access the Call for Papers and Posters for additional information.
Best Paper Awards
The Colloquium will feature a series of Best Paper Awards that will be presented at the event with a $2,500 cash prize for the author(s) of the winning paper.
- The TD Ameritrade Institutional Best Paper Award for Behavioral Finance will recognize the best research paper that brings psychological insight into human behavior and decision-making with implications for financial planning practice. Review the award details »
- The Northwestern Mutual Best Paper Award for Insurance/Risk Management will recognize the best paper in the discipline of Insurance/Risk Management, with implications for financial planning practice. Review the award details »
- The Best Paper Award in Investments will recognize the best paper that focuses on the area of Investments, with implications for financial planning practice. Review the award details »
- The Best Paper Award in Household Finance will recognize the best paper in the discipline of Household Finance, with implications for financial planning practice. Review the award details »
- The Emerging Scholar Best Paper Award will recognize the faculty member in their first five years in a faculty position, tenure-track or not, with the best research paper that directly or indirectly relates to financial planning practice. Authors who are in their first five years of a faculty position, tenure-track or not and regardless of academic focus, are eligible for this award. Review the award details »
The Colloquium will offer the opportunity for faculty to interview for open positions across various colleges and universities. Learn More »
TD Ameritrade Institutional and the CFP Board are separate and unaffiliated and are not responsible for each other’s services or policies. TD Ameritrade Institutional is a division of TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. TD Ameritrade is a trademark owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. and The Toronto-Dominion Bank. © 2019 TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.