The CFP Board Center for Financial Planning launched just over two years ago with a big vision – to ensure every American has access to competent and ethical financial planning advice. This vision can only become a reality with a more diverse and sustainable financial planning profession. However, blacks and Latinos represent less than 3.5 percent of all CFP® professionals. The first-ever Diversity Summit will provide a platform for a discussion of initiatives that can be undertaken by the Center, in partnership with stakeholders within the financial planning profession and beyond, to address this challenge and advance diversity and inclusion in the profession.
WHEN AND WHERE
October 23, 2018, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, at The Times Center in New York City (242 W 41st St)
- Release of Center’s Thought Leadership Paper, developed by the Center in consultation with its Diversity Advisory Group, highlighting findings from its comprehensive research on the underrepresentation of blacks and Latinos in the financial planner workforce, and research-based solutions to create a more diverse and inclusive profession
- Keynote presentations from distinguished speakers
- Personal reflections on barriers and opportunities from CFP® professionals
- Facilitated breakout groups
- Call to action
WHO WILL ATTEND
Over 200 thought leaders in financial planning and beyond, including:
- Executives from financial services firms
- Organizations lead by and focused on people of color
- Program directors from colleges and universities with CFP Board-registered financial planning programs
- Financial planning practitioners
Founder, CEO and CIO
Siebert Cisneros Shank & Co
Former Mayor of San Antonio
Former Secretary of HUD
President and CEO
National Urban League
We are grateful for the support of our Signature Sponsors of the Summit, Merrill Lynch and the Charles Schwab Foundation, Major Sponsor, Prudential, as well as TD Ameritrade Institutional, the Center’s Lead Founding Sponsor, and Northwestern Mutual, the Center’s Founding Sponsor.
Please complete the form below to register.